I am at the Parkinson's Unity Walk and the teams are still jockeying for positions for Saturday's Walk in New York City's Central Park.

Spirits are high, the walkers have been preparing, and success is at hand to "Fund the Cure".

Murray Charters, his lovely wife and I walked from the Mayflower Hotel down to the Belevedere, to help our fitness and see some of the walkers and had a  scrumptious Italian meal.

Teams still need donations and they can be made online, by calling the free 800 number, 1-866-789-9255 or downloading the page and completing it offline and sending it in with a check.

The Unity Walk donation page giving the options to contribute is at:

http://www.unitywalk.org/wtg.html

As of this morning these are the top 5 teams in donations:

1. TEAM YOPA , Tom Berdine's Young PD crew
2. TEAM CANTORE , Tamra Cantore, PWP wife of The Weather Channel Jim Cantore.
3. Betty's Bunch
4. Team Ettleman
5. Flossie's "Faithful" Fan Club

Regardless of the rankings,PIEN members are well represented and donations to any of the teams brings us closer to finding a cure.

Keep abreast of the interviews on the Weather Channel Friday and Saturday at 39 minutes past the hour.

John Cottingham