LOS ANGELES: 12 Year Old Hosting Show To Benefit Parkinson's

April 23rd, 2004

Here's a great mitzvah - good deed - being done by 12-year-old Katie Kaufman of Woodland Hills for her coming bat
mitzvah.

She's hosting a show to benefit the National Parkinson Foundation, in honor of her grandfather, who has Parkinson's
disease.

"He has helped me in many ways, and I know there are many others who have to watch loved ones go through the effects of
Parkinson's," Katie says. "I want to help all those people."

"Tapping into a Cure - Endless Tappibilities," will feature an array of tap-dancing routines, including works of the
Jazz Tap Ensemble Caravan Project.

It will be held Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the Madrid Theatre, 21622 Sherman Way, Canoga Park. For tickets and
more information, call (818) 710-1439.

---

Dennis McCarthy's column appears Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Dennis McCarthy, (818) 713-3749

SOURCE: Los Angeles Daily News, CA
http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~21377~2104139,00.html

* * *