hi joan, and everybody else

I'm still here and chomping at the bit! I am just not as prolific as I
used to be.  I suppose that is a good sign - things are not going so
badly any more- in fact they are going quite well - if only it weren't
for this darned PD thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a wonderful significant other - in fact we celebrated our 4th
anniversary this past weekend.

My three kids are growing up and turning out well - all three are in
college. My son yesterday(!) was appointed Editor-in-Chief of the
"Broadside", the student newspaper at George Mason University, where he
is a senior. And my baby, Jessica, who had so many problems, made the
Dean's List in her first semester at college! And Jane Amy is busy with
her sorority.

And I haven't forgotten about Parkinson's - after thirty years you might
get used to it, but you don't forget it! Last month, I went to my
seventh, or was it my eighth, Pan Forum, where I had the signal honour
of meeting  the venerable Murray Charters! I also met up with some old
friends such as Linda Herman, and Peggy Willocks and Gerry Haines, and
Bill Bell and so many others. And a quiet reflection and perhaps a tear
for those who didn't make it back again - either because they were too
sick or because they are no longer with us.

And I have been busy on the local front. I am still running a support
group for YOPDs, and I go to exercise class twice a week. I write a
regular column, in which I profile different members of our group,
for our local PD newsletter, and occasional other articles, and i'm on
umpteen committees.  And the newest news is that i am running for one of
two open seats on the board of our local chapter - the Parkinson's
Foundation of the National Capital Area.

And I lurk. I read the list almost daily - I guess i just don't have
that much to say anymore......

hilary blue