From LHerman's recent post:

"If politics were not involved, "the field of embryonic stem cell research
would be much more advanced than it is today," research pioneer Thomson
says.

"It is difficult to estimate just how damaging the current restrictions
have been to the field to date, but if the current restrictions are not
eventually lifted, patients will suffer needlessly."

I would add the "religion"  (belief that cells are people)  that drives the
politics that has no basis in any religion.

I for one am very tired of dying this way when there might be hope.

Ray