George, don' t worry about it.  It's Ray-i-lyn (short "i") or Rayilyn like
Carolyn or Marilyn, but not  Rarilyn,  as I was called once.  My dad's name was
Ray Brown, which is what I have become.  My aunt made the name up.  When I was
an 18 yr old student at UC Santa Barbara I met a gal whose sister was named
Rayelyn (phonetically I guess this is the closest too) and that's as close as
I've come to finding someone with same name.   One of my sister-in-laws
daughters is Raylene.   I am an odd duck in more ways than one.
Just call me Ray

See what I go through when I meet someone!