Peggy,
          Apomorphine has been available in Australia and U.K. for many years now. Maybe other countries I'm not sure.
 It's quite possible for a parkinsonian to inject themselves. Staff teach pts. and caregivers how to subcutaneously administer the drug (similar to  a diabetic). It's drawn up beforehand and kept cool, whether out or at home then discarded if unused after a day.
If frozen no it wouldn't be possible but getting a swab out albeit very slowly, wiping the area and then injecting isn't too far fetched for a lot of parkies.
Their are many instances when it's a case of simply failing to respond to oral levodopa or "rescuing" when out and about that Apomorphine can help.
                                                                                    Lee

Peggy Willocks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Joan -
I remember you being in the apomorphine trials now!
My question is how can you give yourself a "shot" when you're frozen???
Definitely a 2-person procedure. The same stuff has been used for erectile dysfunction for years in the UK - and as a nasal spray! I'll wait!

I'll comment about my Unity Walk experience as soon as I recuperate.
BTW - Hiliary Blue was at the PAN forum writing an article about ME and my experience with Spheramine. She's a trooper!

Peggy Willocks