UK: Neil Smith Has Run 11 Marathons And Raised Thousands For Parkinson’s
Thursday, 29 April, 2004

RUNNING one marathon to raise money for charity is impressive enough, but Neil Smith has run 11 and raised thousands
for Parkinson’s sufferers.

Businessman Neil, 43, from Didsbury, completed his 11th successive London marathon and brought the total he has raised
for the Parkinson's Disease Society up to £40,500.

Now he has started a new training regime to help him break his best time of four hours eight minutes at next year’s
event.

Neil, of Victoria Avenue, raised £2,500 this year alone when he completed the race.

With the support of staff throughout the UK at Kinetic Plc, where he is managing director, as well as family, friends
and local businesses, Neil has been running for the charity in the London Marathon every year since 1994.

He chose the Parkinson's Disease Society when his uncle was diagnosed with the disease. Over the years he says he has
seen the result of his fundraising first-hand through the benefits his uncle has received from the charity.

Neil said: "It's the society's 35th anniversary this year and I am delighted to have gone over the £40,000 mark in
funds raised to date over eleven marathons. I am also pleased with my time of four hours and eight minutes."

He managed to knock half-an-hour off his previous times, which have been coming down steadily since his first race.

SOURCE: South Manchester Reporter, England
http://tinyurl.com/2leze

* * *