Peg,  I asked Google about "the whole nine yards" and got this URL

http://www.quinion.com/words/articles/nineyards.htm

The author wasn't being conclusive, but one of the possibilities he
mentioned  (nine yards as the length of a machine gun belt) sounds very
logical.  Cheers, Geo.

Peggy Willocks <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
04/29/2004 05:36 PM
Please respond to
Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: ray, hiliary, and apomorphine

Hi Lee -

In no way did I mean to be interpreted as saying that apomorphine use
wasn't a good thing.  It sounds like a life saver (and I don't mean the
little round candy with a hole in the middle)!

My doctor is slowly removing selegeline (eldepryl) from my therapy (which
I have taken for years) in an attempt to control dystonia - and it is
working.  BUT, I am experiencing unpredictable, severe "off's" now
(drooling, cannot walk, pain - the whole 9 yards)!  Apomorphine might be
something I am interested in down the road.

BTW - where did that expression "the whole 9 yards" come from?  Is it
tallking about 10-yard downs in football *(the American oval-shaped ball
football with tackles, running backs, quarterbacks, etc.)

Peg
* This explanation was given to distinguish between what some countries
To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
call "football" (soccer) and football "football."  lol