Hi, Bridget, I hope this is under 250 words.

This year California will have the opportunity to decide if it wants to
leverage its global leadership in biomedical research and biotechnology to
strengthen the fight to end the suffering of millions of people with horrible
diseases. The California Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative, proposed for the
November 2004 ballot will provide approximately $295 million a year for the next
ten years in funding, especially important because of the Bush
administration's 2001 restrictions on federal funding.

A recent survey by the Peter D. Hart Research Associates indicates the more a
person knows about stem cell research the likelier he is to support
it. Support is lowest among evangelical Protestants and highest among political
independents.

Three in four voters support stem cell research when they learn that
embryonic cells are special cells that can become any cell in the body and that they
are from in vitro clinics destined for the dust bin.  Another kind of stem cell
research, SCNT, involves an unferilized egg and one's own DNA from somatic
cells..

More than 30 Nobel Laureates, researchers and business leaders believe there
is a good chance these pluripotent cells can be developed into cures for
diseases such as cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and
spinal cord injuries.

If you want to learn more about the pros and cons of this research, call me
at 909-696-0908.  I am losing my ability to speak due to Parkinson’s  Disease,
but of necessity have become knowledgeable about this research.

Rayilyn Brown

40697 Corte Albara

Murrieta, CA 92562-5513

909-696-0908