I am particularly interested in the last question number 4.  I believe you
need to choose your battles.  We all have the same desire and that is to
find a cure.  All to often we choose to make disagreements into political
statements that serve some other purpose.  We lose focus.  The idea of
teamwork, even when you disagree with your team members, is to find what you
can agree on and put your efforts into that.  Putting efforts into political
issues dilutes the limited political as well as financial capital there is
to fight this disease.

Embryonic stem cell research will remain an issue long after Bush is gone be
it his first or second term.  It will be here after a Democratic president
is gone if he wins.  Using your own stem cells is another issue.  By
launching and education campaign and working around sensitive "human
cloning" issues this has to be the single best hope at this time.  Perhaps
people will find a way to work together instead of viewing a disagreement as
a chance to "get" those we disagree with.

When advocacy takes on the cloak of a political party and makes the other
party a target it ceases to be advocacy and becomes a manipulative arm of a
political machine.  Advocacy must be inclusive of all, exclusive of
political parties (either one) and focused on an achievable goal.  They must
avoid aligning with political parties and their penchant to use and abuse
interest groups.

Frank cg. Teri 52/47/40 15024