Dear Drive Around the World supporters,

Just a short note to let you know that the Drive Around the World team has now moved beyond
Australia.  The team and Land Rover Certified vehicles are now aboard a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship
bound for Singapore.  As a result, this months SAT-link media conference has been rescheduled for
Wednesday, May 26th. Conference details will be sent early next week.

Kind Regards,
The Drive Around the World team

-------------------

The LONGITUDE Expedition is the longest journey ever attempted with a focus on Parkinson's Disease.
If you haven't donated already why not help us drive toward a cure?  Donate a fraction of a penny
per driven kilometer at
https://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/support/drivearoundtheworld

Expedition Pressroom
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/login.htm

To request pledge brochures, press kits, media exposure lists, events, or team interviews via
satellite phone, send mail to, [log in to unmask]

Donate online at:
https://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/support/drivearoundtheworld

* * *

Dear Friends of Drive Around the World,
Here's an journal update from Australia!

After two months apart, the LONGITUDE Expedition team
has reunited in Brisbane, Australia and resumed their
Drive-A-Thon for Parkinson's by heading up the Queensland
coast.  Our expedition team is once again functioning as a
solid unit, on the road, and in the comfort of our Certified
Discoverys.  It didn't take long for each of us to slip back
into the smooth-shifting gears of the well-oiled machine
that is Drive Around the World.

Thanks in large part to shipping sponsor, Wallenius Wilhelmsen
lines, our team took delivery of the Land Rovers from the Port
of Brisbane with nary a hiccup.  The most tedious portion was
waiting for the diligent quarantine workers to spray a
high-pressure hose into every nook and cranny of the vehicles'
undercarriages, ensuring no stray seeds or grains of sand
will find their way into the Australian Outback.  After spending
more than two hours on EACH vehicle, we were surprised to
see them come out looking dirtier than when they went into
the wash!  In all sincerity, the folks at the port did an amazing
job of getting us in and out smoothly and on schedule, and we
are quite grateful for that!

Our drive through Australia began with a visit to Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin's 'pet' project--the Australia Zoo.  Our

team agreed that it was the most amazing zoo experience we've had, and you can read about our adventures in the journal

section of drivearoundtheworld.com.  Continuing north, we arrived in the small town of Miriam Vale to spend the night
on an Australian cattle ranch belonging to new friends Steve and Suzanne Dougall.  There, we spent the following day
exploring a 5000 acre cattle station and capped it off with an authentic Aussie BBQ.  Departing the ranch, our convoy
bee-lined for the city of Cairns to dive the Great Barrier Reef and also to begin preparing the vehicles for the hard
off-road journey across Australia's Gunbarrel Highway.

The following week, near Ayers Rock, the team welcomed the ninth guest in their Take Me With You! program--a journalist
from Overlander Magazine--Gregor Stronach.

The drive across Australia was an epic one, consisting of off-road adventures and interesting research site visits for
our Parkinson's and education programs.  Each day has been shared with you, online. You can catch up on the journey in
the newest journal category, "Australia journals!"

http://news.drivearoundtheworld.com

And if you haven't done so already, don't forget to watch Drive Around the World, The Movie, by using the appropriate
link below:

Download movie - Windows Media users:
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/movie/DATW-LONGITUDE.wmv

Download movie - Apple QuickTime users:
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/movie/DATW-LONGITUDE.mp4

JOURNAL TEASERS:
[Click on the links to read the full journals from the latest batch.]

28 April
The Great Barrier Reef...SHARK!!!
A blow-by-blow account of the team's first experience together on the Great Barrier Reef.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000608.shtml

27 April
To the bat cave.
Adam's hilarious account of what happens when a group of explorers meets a group of flying foxes at eye-level.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000609.shtml

23 April
The team visits the Dougall cattle station
Colin McAuliffe explains the trick to raising happy cows while describing the team's adventures on a true Australian
cattle property.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000584.shtml

22 April
Harriet, Sweet Harriet.
Nancy Olson describes the day the team left Brisbane, beginning with a run through the Botanical Garden, followed by a
trip to Land Rover, highlighted by a visit with Charles Darwin's pet tortoise at the Crocodile Hunter's zoo, and ending

with a night of eager anticipation on a true Australian cattle station.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000585.shtml

April 19, 2004
Brisbane, Baby, Brisbane!
See some beautiful pictures of the city and read Neil's description of his first impressions of Brisbane.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000575.shtml

April 16, 2004
Team arrival day!
Nancy Olson's account of the team's reunion after nearly two months apart.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000546.shtml

April 12, 2004
Back in Oz
Neil Dana describes the horrors of sticker shock upon arrival in expensive Australia.
http://www.bootsnall.org/datw/archives/000574.shtml

And now, just sit back, read, and leave the driving to us!

Until next time,
Nancy

--
Nancy L. Olson

Expedition Content Editor, Field Writer
Drive Around the World
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com

Visit Us!

The LONGITUDE Expedition is the longest journey ever attempted with a focus on Parkinson's Disease. If you haven't
donated already why not help us drive toward a cure?  Donate a fraction of a penny per driven kilometer at
https://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/support/drivearoundtheworld

Expedition Pressroom
http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/login.htm

To request pledge brochures, press kits, media exposure lists, events, or team interviews via satellite phone, send
mail to, [log in to unmask]

-EOF-