On 20 May 2004 at 4:54, FrankandTeri wrote:

> This kind of divisive garbage is what keeps people way.
>
> It does not unite around the liberal theme of inclusion.
>
> I am more of a non believer than a believer.  I just don't know but
> what I do know is what my mother taught me and that is respect for
> people and their beliefs.

Yep, the more vicious and "sensational" the comments, the more people
expect such to be noticed.  My father used to call it "yellow journalism".

It actually has the opposite effect, in my opinion.  People get desensitized to
this stuff and simply ignore it.  I am always interested in reading legitimate
opinions by others, even if they disagree with me; but when I see the vicious
and obviously slanted stuff, I simply ignore it.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.