FWD. FROM PAN:

From: "Laura Jane Cohen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:52:33 -0400
Subject: Senate Stem Cell Action-new targets!

Here is an update with new signers and targeted Senators.  See if your
Senator is one of them!

Urgent Stem Cell Action Alert!

Call/E-mail/Fax your Senators ASAP!

Ask your Senators to sign on to

the Specter-Harkin Stem Cell Letter

52 down, 48 to go!

Action Needed:

Please call/e-mail/fax your Senators ASAP requesting that they sign on to
the Dear Colleague letter being circulated by Senators Arlen Specter
(R-PA) and Tom Harkin (D-IA) asking the President to relax restrictions
on stem cell research.  This letter is similar to the
Castle-DeGette-Cunningham-Dooley Dear Colleague letter in the House,
which garnered 206 signatures.

We can’t let up now even though your hard work has already resulted in
more than half the Senate, 52 Senators, signing the letter!

Stem Cell Signatures So Far

Akaka
Alexander
Baucus
Bingaman
Boxer
Byrd
Cantwell
Carper
Chafee
Clinton
Cochran
Collins
Corzine
Daschle
Dayton
Dodd
Dorgan
Durbin
Edwards
Feingold
Feinstein
Graham (FL)
Harkin
Hatch
Hollings
Hutchison
Inouye
Jeffords
Johnson
Kennedy
Kerry
Kohl
Landrieu
Lautenberg
Leahy
Levin
Lieberman
McCain
Mikulski
Murray
Nelson (FL)
Reed
Reid
Rockefeller
Sarbanes
Schumer
Smith
Snowe
Specter
Stabenow
Warner
Wyden

Updated Senate Target List

Signed pro-stem cell letter in 2001:

Bayh, Evan (IN)
Biden, Joseph (DE)
Campbell, Ben Nighthorse (CO) – has said no but we are still trying
Conrad, Kent (ND)
Lugar, Richard (IN) – has said no but we are still trying

Target list:
Bennett, Robert (UT)
Bond, Kit (MO)
Breaux, John (LA)
Bunning, Jim (KY)
Coleman, Norm (MN)
Crapo, Michael (ID)
Dole, Elizabeth (NC)
Domenici, Pete (NM)
Ensign, John (NV)
Frist, Bill (TN)
Lincoln, Blanche (AR)
Lott, Trent (MS)
McConnell, Mitch (KY)
Murkowski, Lisa (AK)
Roberts, Pat (KS)
Sununu, John (NH)
Talent, Jim (MO)

Click here to take action NOW:
http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?alertid=5807056&type=CU

Otherwise, please visit the PAN website to obtain contact information for
your Senator, http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/, and click the button on
the left-hand side that reads “Take Action”.

A sample email and phone call script are included in the alert for your
information.

Go to http://capwiz.com/pan/dbq/officials/ to find contact information
about your Senators, or you may call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at
202-224-3121 to be connected with your Senators’ offices.

Thanks for all your hard work.  Keep those calls coming!

Laura Jane Cohen

Director of Outreach

Parkinson's Action Network
1000 Vermont Ave., NW