In a message dated 5/20/04 2:01:42 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I am sponsoring an platform amendment to the biannual Maine
Democratic Party  convention.  It is going into the Platform
Committee on Friday, May 21,and hopefully to be debated this
Saturday,  May 22, at the state convention.  My amendment adds the three
words,
"adult and embryonic" to the  current draft.platform,
which supports stem cell research, but does not mention
embryonic cell lines, unless my "friendly amendment": succeeds. >>

Ivan,

Hear, hear! I hope your amendment passes and that you get to speak from the
floor. Also that your snackers leave a decent number of your tulips intact!

With admiration,
Kathleen