Several months back, Linda Herman posted some news about a compound
discovery that was a new potential "cure" of Parkinson's.  The drug was
"Parkinol," and was being researched by Dr. Keith Latham in Virginia.

I am happy (sorta and not so happy another way) to announce that Parkinol is
in the IND stage (Investgational New Drug) stage of the FDA approval
process.  I am not so happy to announce that it takes too long for this
process unless one can show an extraordinary need for the treatment and your
drug/treatment is obviously a major help for a rapidly advancing disease.

You may visit a new website that Dr. Latham has set up to allow people to
track the progress of Parkinol trough the FDA pipeline.  It is
http://parkinsons-research.com/

There was great concern when this was posted previously (concerning Dr.
Latham's credentials), and I am copying them from his site and displaying
them here FYI:
"http://parkinsons-research.com/about_latham.cfm
Dr. Keith R. Latham holds a Ph.D. in molecular Biology from the University
of Southern California, 1974, a BS in Biophysics from California State
University at Los Angeles, 1968, and completed a Post Doctoral appointment
at the University of California at San Francisco in Molecular Endocrinology
& Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 1977. He was a Professor of Medicine at
Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland for more than ten years
and has published more than 75 scientific papers, book chapters and
abstracts in organic synthesis and medical applications of biopolymers.

Dr. Latham is currently the Research Director/Managing Member at Innovative
Technologies, Bristol, VA. His other research and industrial experience
includes scientific director and president of 4 separate companies since
1980, spawning multiple inventions and many commercialized products in the
areas of artificial intelligence, statistical logic devices, eutectic
gasses, media for culturing human stem cells, radio-protective compounds,
indigogenic enzyme substrates, reagents for cancer diagnostics, viral
vaccines and new chemistries for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals and key
synthetic intermediates. Multiple patents for Controlled Drug Release and
new drugs for the treatment of Hypothyroidism and Parkinson's Disease have
resulted."

I have no financial affiliation with Innovative Technologies, but I do
support any treatment which appears to be of benefit.  Please examine Dr.
Latham's claim and comment either here or at his site.

Peggy