In a message dated 5/13/2004 11:01:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
What is
next, social security numbers for eggs and sperm?
***
When my mother was young, she didn't get a social security card until she got
her first job.  Same for me.  When my daughter was born in 1988, I believe
she had to have one by age 3 or 5 -- I don't remember.  When my son was born, I
had to have it by age 2, I believe.  Now I believe they want newborns to have
them since you can't claim the tax exemption without it.  So maybe you're not
too far off the mark...

Carrie