--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leonard Ke <[log in to unmask]>
To: linda j herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 10:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: stem cell conference June 5 and 6, at UC  Berkeley

Below is information about the First International
Stem Cell Action Conference being held on June 5th and
6th at UC Berkeley. Please share this with those who
have an interest in escr.

Thanks, Leonard

MESSAGE:

FIRST INTERNATIONAL STEM CELL ACTION CONFERENCE
(FISCA)
Stem Cells: Gateway to Cures
University of California, Berkeley (San Francisco)
Saturday June 5 - Sunday June 6, 2004
Registration: www.stemcellaction.org

Dear Friends:
Currently, 100 million Americans are suffering from
medical conditions that Stem Cell Research may
possibly cure. Funding and legislative restrictions,
however, are endangering the progress of this
life-saving field of medicine.

The question today is no longer “Why?” or “Why Not?”
advance Stem Cell Research. We know that research must
go forward to save lives. We ask instead "When?" and
"How much longer?" because no one living with
Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS, Spinal Cord Injury or
Diabetes is getting any younger. Many are only getting
sicker.

With this conference we inaugurate an international
grassroots movement in support of stem cell research
to find cures.

Please join us on this historical occasion to:
• Hear renowned scientists discuss the latest research
findings
• Participate in a discussion of bio-ethics with
foremost thinkers
• Learn about the politics that will hinder or advance
the research
• Find out how we can all take action in our
communities to make a difference

Can We Count on You? Working together, we can advance
the search for cures!
If you think your voice has no chance of being heard,
please rethink that thought.
Find out how you can take action in your community to
make a difference. Don’t be alone in your wish to make
a change!

For full details about the conference and to register,
go to www.stemcellaction.org
“Stem Cells are for Life”
Location: U.C. Berkeley (handicap accessible) •
Registration: Free but Required • Questions?

SPONSORED BY: SCAN Stem Cell Action Network • CAMR The
Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research •
Genetics Policy Institute
Student Society for Stem Cell Research • Californians
for Cure • California Stem Cell Research and Cures
Initiative • Ashley’s Diabetes Site
SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Gaymon Bennett, Bio-ethicist, Center
for Theology and the Natural Sciences, Co-editor of
"Bridging Science and
Religion" • Robert Klein, Chairman, The California
Stem Cell Research and Cures Initiative • Beckie
McCleery, TAMR • Thomas Okarma, M.D.,
Ph.D., CEO, The Geron Corporation • Daniel Perry,
President, Coalition for the Advancement of Medical
Research • Don Reed, Californians
for Cures, Activist, Author, Sponsor of stem cell
research • Mary-Anne Warren, Ph.D., Professor of
Philosophy, San Francisco State University,
Bio-ethicist and Author • Irving Weissman, M. D.,
Ph.D., Stanford University