Thanks, Linda.

This was a good article.  We're always told that when we meet with
legislators, we should "tell our story."  That's what this article did.  It
gave us insight into what one with juvenile diabetes faces on a daily basis.
When the personal touch is added, it sticks in the mind of the hearer. On
the stem cell issue, we don't have the numbers of people with Parkinson's
needed as does diabetes, heart disease, or cancer.  We should be making
every effort we can to "unite" with these other diseases.  And our personal
stories need to be getting out to the public.

I challenge every person reading this to write a letter to the editor of
your local newspaper this week.  Talk about stem cells, but let the focus
primarily be how much suffering takes place daily with Parkinson's.  And
don't forget to send a copy with the same plea to your lawmakers.  Then, we
will be a part of the effort so eloquently stated, "Today a brush-fire
challenge to Bush's stem-cell policy is spreading across the U.S., fueled by
the frustration of such families as Zucker's who have allied themselves with
patient activists for other diseases, major universities, several state
legislatures and members of Congress."

Those of us supporting such research are not immoral people; we just want to
know if this is the answer to our "cure."  We, like Louis Salk (Polio Salk
vaccine) or Marie Curie (Radium - science of radioactivity)  want to further
explore the potential of such research. What if administration had stopped
those two discoveries?  We're just wondering why it is immoral to "fund
stem-cell research on spare embryos from a pool of some 400,000 stored in
the freezers of in vitro fertilization clinics," possibly saving millions
from suffering from these incurable illnesses.   And as the article states,
" These embryos, only a few days old and smaller than the head of a pin,
will probably be discarded unless they are donated to science."  Write
today - call today.  Let's be part of that brush-fire.

Peggy