Dear Carol,

these are not words of wisdom, but just my experience

I once vowed I would NEVER have DBS.  When I developed right side tremors as
well as left, I changed my mind.  I have actually had it done almost twice,
since left brain was redone.   I didn't have a new hole  drilled the 2nd
time though.  The only thing it helped was my tremors, my   voice is much worse,
can barely speak, whwen I was turned off time before lassst my voice wwas
better.  As you      can see, my fine motor skiills are not improved, very
diffficult to type or write, can barely wlak al walk BUT some people have gotten
thri  their lives back.

I was  hoping I would die during surgeries.  I got through them real well,
just threw up afterwardds weh whne when they knocked me out to sew up scalp.
Like nsurgeon said, I was better after the initial lesions, my left foot
straightened out.  I can still tooouch adn feel the leads in my scalp and they hurt -
     its beenalmost ayear.
Tremors are sneaking back, but not as bad - yet.

I think you juts  just don't know until you do it.  I'm sure it also depends
on who doees it.  The neurosurgeon I had was the best I could get given
geographic restrictions.

Good luck whatever you decide. Ray