Parkinsn celebrates our 11th anniversary next November. From humble beginnings we have survived by having subscribers who are uncommonly kind and supportive of one another. Barbara Patterson and I thank you all for the efforts in the past and future of sharing the concern and providing support to those families suffering from Parkinsons.

From time to time we have had to counsel some listmembers who in their zeal were not kind to other listmembers over one issue or another. Americans although greater in numbers of subscribers do not set the international agenda for this list. Therefore, we have the Parkinsn List Charter/Guidelines.

We are a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic group that shares common goals of Finding the Cure and helping other Parkinsonians around the world.

Because Parkinsn is international,  politics, religion and ethics opinions are outside the scope of our discussions and are therefore discouraged.

The management of Parkinsn wants to make it clear that bonifide reporting of facts concerning legislation on stem cell, fetal tissue transplantation is fine but fervent attack or rebuttal on the ethics is uncalled for.

The Liberal, Conservative rubbish is just that, labels that are meant to stifle thought by caring  thoughtful individuals. On Parkinsn your religion or politics make no difference....we love you anyway...just keep it to yourself.

I have said it many times before, Barbara and I don't necessarily read every post to Parkinsn and rely on you the subscriber to tell us if someone is going overboard on a topic. Parkinsn subscribers are good loyal people who exercise extraordinary good judgement when it comes to these matters.

Keep up the good work! Honey attracts more bees than vinegar!

John Cottingham
Co-Owner Parkinsn
for Barbara Patterson and myself