On 22 May 2004 at 9:53, FrankandTeri wrote:

> Perhaps this is the result they want.  I hope you do remain.
>
> As you know we are all equal just some are more equal and their aim to
> silence the opposition not work for a cure.  They demonstrate such
> glee when they gather and believe they have defeated a person with a
> different opinion through their misrepresentation of the facts and
> "calls to mouth."   Reason and logical discussion just don't provide
> the "fix" they need.
>
> It always amazes me how they can feel so good when they "remove" a
> person. They should be putting those efforts to building consensus but
> then that's a long slow process with little reward until the end.
> What they want is instant gratification.

I guess that I belong in this small group (along with Frank and Jeff), as well.
And I am not even classified as a "conservative" (I am a lifelong Democrat,
although I identify with the Harry Truman/JFK wing of the Democratic Party
rather than what seems to be the leadership of the current Democratic Party).
In some matters, I am distinctly liberal (such as welfare, health care, most
social programs); but my tendency to be pro-life seems to make opponents of
that position think that I am somehow, "conservative", or a member of the
"religious right".

The issue of stem cells and related research is a difficult one.  There is room
for disagreement on the topic, but there is no room for nastiness.  There are
certain people on this List who cannot seem to be civil on the issue and this is
a shame, since I suspect that much of the bitterness is the "voice" of their
illness speaking.

Hang in there, Frank and Jeff; we are a worthwhile minority!

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"