On 24 May 2004 at 12:15, Joe Thome wrote:

> The only reason I have written the above is that you, on this list,
> besmirched my reputation.

Joe,

There was no attempt to "besmirch your reputation".  That would be the same
as what Ray and others are trying to do with our president.

My definition of "yellow journalism" is that of writing which concentrates on
the *personal* rather than on the issues.  If one does not like what a politician
is doing, then work to get him/her out of office.

The issue of the war in Iraq, and whether it is a good idea or not, has little to
do with Parkinson's disease.  On the other hand, freedom of speech provides
that anyone can post here on any subject.  If, however, those posts are made
with prejudice (as I think some were), they can be (and should be) called what
they are.  I happened to use the term "yellow journalism", which is milder
than some others which I could have used.

Frank's words (earlier) bear repeating:

>>I am afraid your words will fall on deaf ears though.  The people who are
mouthing the disrespect on this board have lost hope and  their purpose in
life has shifted to the adolescent pleasure they get from bringing others
down and blaming others for their condition.  Unfortunately when they do
that they destroy the support organization that many depend on.  They make
people with different beliefs but equal suffering feel unwelcome.  They
make others on this list with different beliefs the source of their
problems.<<

This List is deteriorating and I suspect that it could lose its functionality as a
place for the exchange of information concerning Parkinson's disease.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.