Time Magazine did an article on stem-cell research in the last issue.

For those who are interested in forwarding stem cell research, please
consider doing so on a  State level - California and New Jersey have already
passed laws to allow for cloning and stem cell research.  Other States have
voted to band the research.  The bottom line is, work at the State level
will change things, so get moving.  The Federal government does not have the
power to over-turn state mandates at this juncture.

As a conservative Republican Catholic, I have found some of the conversation
on this list to be insulting.  I can assure you that nothing written about
'religious extremism' or the 'stupidity of the moral right' is going to
change my beliefs.  It's time to put an end to this rhetoric and return to
the list charter.
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 65/25)