Dr. Fink,

I read your May 23 post stating that there is no place for
nastiness on the discussion of stem cell research. I would go further to say

that there is no place for nastiness at all on this list. Parkinson's is our

enemy, not each other.

But, back to your point on nastiness, I think it was
nasty of you to say the comments I made to Ray earlier this month contained
lies and distortions. You did that by describing them as "yellow
journalism".

Not receiving any specific evidence from you on which points you think were
false or distorted, I re-read the comments I made and can find only
one which was my opinion and that was the one in which said that by
President Bush
taking us to war in Iraq he increased the dislike of those who believe in
Gods
other than the Christian God. I’m far from alone in that opinion.

 I also made a statement about President Bush talking to God and maybe this
is the one which triggered your comment. I suspect that after reading your
admonishment to Ray about her criticism of President Bush for his stand on
some types of research which could lead to a cure for Parkinson’s.

If that was it, here is where I got that from. It was in the June 29 edition
of Ha'aretz (Israel's most
reputable newspaper), which quotes Bush as saying: "God told me to strike at

al Quaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam,
which I did…" There's more but most all of this is off the subject of
Parkinson's and I,
as many others on this list, prefer to read something that helps us find
relief from this big cross we carry called Parkinson's.

The only reason I have written the above is that you, on this list,
besmirched my reputation.

 Joe Thome

---