I'm back from Stanford University's Neurology Lab. I got to play lab rat
for two days. There was a lot of good news. Although the study isn't
finished yet. the lab tech said they have noticed some trends starting to
emerge. They are; 1 The DBS seems to be offering some protection in slowing
or stopping the progression of the disease( they expect a 10% increase in
symptoms per year with out the DBS). 2 That the earlier a PWP gets the DBS
the better. and 3  I only have a 2 foot splatter field while trying to eat
with my stimulators turned off.
According to the results, I have not progressed since I was last tested a
year ago.  With the exception of a postural tremor in my left hand, but I
believe the Stimulator requires a different area of implantation to be
effective on that problem. Also I was informed that Stanford University
Will be starting Human trials with Spheremine. Dr. Gary Heit will be doing
the surgery. Dr heit is the extremely gifted and intelligent Neuro-Surgeon,
who did my DBS.

When I got back home, I jumped on my computer to see what was going on the
list. Mostly good, some bad, but mostly good. then I noticed no Murray
Charters. Does any one know where Murray is. Is he OK? Is he just taking a
break? Did I miss a post where he explained his impending absence? I look
forward to seeing something informative from Murray every day.

                                                            Chris