Hi Peggy:
    This is a very useful information.  I have been looking for such a diet
for a long time.  I have been making up my own diet from the literature
which includes:
    1. Spinach
    2. Strawberries
    3. Blue berries.
    These are known to help neuronal survival.
    Also the common spice turmeric has a similar property, when used
moderately.  (high intake of tumeric may causekidney problems)

    It has been established recently, that neuronal stem cells do
differentiate into neurons, when the body needs them.  Therefore, it is
reasonable to believe that under situations like PD, our body is attempting
to compensate for the loss of neurons by regenerating new neurons from the
resident neuronal sem cells.  However, it is very likely that the loss
occurs at a rapid rate compared to the rate of neurogenesis.
    Transplantation of neuronal stem cells may also eventually fail, if the
conditions in the PD brains are not favorable for their survival and
differentiation.  I personally feel that GDNF therapy is promising because
GDNF (glial cell derived neurotrophic factor) is helpful in the
neuroregeneration. Similar mechanism may be active even in the Spheramine
treatment.

    That is why the info on nutrition is very important.

    Thanks for posting this info.

    Raj