Hi,
I need some help from my fellow PWP's.  I know sometimes when my meds are not
working (I take 1/2 of a Sinemet 25/100 & 1 Sinemet CR  25/100 and Mirapex
about every 4 hrs)  or if I'm late taking them, my symptoms hit  me ...move and
walk very slowly, balance problems, leg dragging, hard to swallow (no tremor),
the same things I've been experiencing for several years now but today i
drove about 65 - 70 miles to meet a couple of old high school buddies for
breakfast and a visit, not unusual-I make a lot of road trips by myself and some 3 or
4 hrs each way.  On the way home I felt like my drugs had not "kicked in"  and
all of a sudden I noticed it was very difficult to drive, my Land Rover was
veering off the road and my arms felt like they wouldn't work... it took all
the effort I could give to get the car back in the lane.  O.K. so time to pull
over, I stopped and got gas, drank a Pepsi, went to the bathroom and wasted as
much time as I could then started off again but it was very difficult to drive
when my body was working in such slow motion.  I made it home O.K. but it
leaves me with some questions.  Does there come a time when you can't drive
anymore and if so how do you know when?  I am working full-time still although that
too is becoming very difficult.  Is it just a progression of the disease and
do others have problems like this?  Surely its not just me. Maybe I just need
more meds or adjustment of meds?  I know this is all things to ask my Neuro
and I will on my next appt in July but I wanted to hear from you first.
Thanks.  I appreciate you all and I too, have missed Murray lately.
Diane