From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Russ
Hunt
Sent: June 23, 2004 7:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inkshed Newsletter (s)

This is to let everyone know that the spring issue of the
Inkshed Newsletter is now available on line.  The *.pdf
printable version isn't up quite yet but I hope it will be there
soon.

Jane Milton's put together a really interesting issue, including
pieces on technology resistance by Geoff Cragg, on helping
students see how documentation works by Doug Brent, and on
becoming an inkshedder by Marian Horne.  You can read it all by
clicking here:

http://www.stu.ca/inkshed

And perhaps almost equally interesting, Leslie Saunders and her
student Julian (who did the scanning) have provided us with an
almost complete set of back issues of the Newsletter, going back
right to the beginning.  They're on line now, as *.pdf files
(including, in some cases, Jim Reither's handwritten
annotations).  They're on the same site; click on "back issues"
and then on "issues previous to 1994."

We seem to be missing the issues between Volume 7, #1 (January
1988) and Volume 8, #2 (March 1989).  If anyone has hard copies
of those and can send them to Leslie, we'll get them scanned and
up.

They're a fascinating resource for this history of inkshedding
and of writing (and reading) instruction in Canada. Have fun
with them, and the current Newsletter.

The next Newsletter will be edited by Heather and Roger Graves;
stay tuned for announcements and calls for contributions.

-- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/