As

Nilo Sarmiento <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hi,

Thanks for getting this conference together; it must have taken quite a bit
of effort on your part and on the part of other organizers. I do have a
concern, and I'd like your response.

My concern was triggered by what is stated on your Mission:

"We are a grassroots, volunteer group of patients and their families and
friends."

"Those of us who support this research have often remained silent. It is
high time that we get organized and that our voices are heard. Across
America, we are building a community that favors embryonic stem cell
research and we will petition, educate, and vote to advance this humane,
lifesaving work."

The statement sounds as though there have not been previous efforts on a
grassroots level to get the entire American community organized, to break
their silence and support stem cell research. There have been previous
efforts and one such effort has been PAN, http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/,
which has been presented differently by
http://www.kingwoodcable.com/martone/parkinso.htm.

For your information, I am not a member of PAN, and am not writing in
behalf of PAN. My questions are, simply:

(1) how does Stem Cell Action Network differ from PAN, and
(2) why is PAN not on the list of FISCA sponsors.

As an individual suffering from parkinson's, my personal interest is that
of a coordinated effort and unified voice on the part of various
parkinson's support groups and action networks supposedly working together
to find a cure for "my" disease.

Thank you.

Nilo