Nancy,
There have been many studies on second hand smoke which say it contains different chemicals than smoke inhaled directly from the cigarette.

In looking at the 'causes' of PD - genetic, pesticides, insecticides - I don't have anyone in the family with PD and have not been exposed to high amounts of pesticides or insecticides and cannot think of any other chemicals that I had long term exposure to.  I smoked on and off for about 5 years - maybe 3 to 5 cigarettes a day at the most.  The only toxins that I have had long exposure to was second hand smoke.  So you can see that I am very puzzled about the cause in my case.

Caryle 41/40/37

Nancy Porter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Caryle,

Just curious.

Why limit the question about smoke? If you feel second hand smoke has
something to do with the onset of PD, wouldn't you expect primary
exposure to be even more harmful?