In earlier posts there was a thread on the effect of Nicotine. If anything,
this appears to be one of the few examples when Nicotine seems to be
beneficial as a Neuroprotective agent against Parkinson's. As I said there
was some discussion on this topic before on the list I just checked using
Google under / "Parkinson's Disease" and Nicotine / and I got 16,700
entries with the first few about the neuroprotective qualities of nicotine.
If you add the word "neuroprotective" you get 606 entries, with even an
article referenced by the PDF (Parkinson's Disease Foundation)

K. F. Etzold CG Carline