Forwarded from PAN

From: "Laura Jane Cohen" <[log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:24:52 -0400
Subject: ACTION ALERT--Call the White House tomorrow!!

ACTION ALERT!

CALL THE WHITE HOUSE, TUESDAY, JUNE 8

—       EXPAND STEM CELL RESEARCH!

Click here for more info:
http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?alertid=5967871&type=CU

 PAN and other patient groups like the Juvenile Diabetes Research
Foundation, JDRF, have planned a coordinated effort to show the President
our support for stem cell research.

We plan to flood the White House with phone calls on TUESDAY, JUNE 8,
2004.

Momentum is building to expand the current federal embryonic stem cell
research policy. The Bush Administration has the power to expand this
policy. We need you to call the White House today to urge the
Administration to help find cures by expanding stem cell research.

Please call the White House Public Liaison office at 202-456-2380 or
leave a message on the White House comment and suggestion line at
202-456-1111.

Please use the information below when calling. Also, please share this
with your friends and family.

Talking Points:

As a voting American, I am calling to ask President Bush to expand his
policy on embryonic stem cell research and allow scientists to explore
the full promise of this research.

Explain your personal story of Parkinson's disease and why finding a cure
is important to you.

Embryonic stem cell research has the potential to treat and better
understand Parkinson's, and a host of other diseases.

Currently the NIH says only 19 stem cell lines are available, far short
of the more than 60 plus lines that the Bush Administration in 2001
estimated to be suitable and available for research under their policy.

I strongly urge the President to help us find a cure for the 128 million
Americans who suffer from diseases such as Parkinson’s, juvenile
diabetes, heart disease, spinal cord injuries, autoimmune diseases,
Alzheimer’s, and multiple sclerosis.

Thanks, everyone!

Let’s go get ‘em tomorrow!!

Together we make a difference!