Chris, I don't think we/they know.  I was just responding to contribute to
the discussion

What I really worry about is that  I was only helped by Sinemet once on 1st
dose and am afraid any "cure" or treatment might not help unless they know the
"why" of PD. I don't take PD meds and my symptoms sound just like those who
do. However, I guess some people wouldn't be able to move at all w/out meds. DBS
did give me better upper body strength, helped tremor, but made voice worse.
Wonder  why that is.  Of course DBS is advertised as tremor control and it
delivers on that.
Ray