1) My wife shuts her eyes and zones out frequently during off periods.
Sometimes it's right after she takes her dose of meds.  You would think they
would help.  It passes in a bit but when it happens you just have to let it
go.

2) Wife has always been sensitive to light no change there with or without
PD.

3) I don't think they want to shut out the world.  Perhaps even though you
understand PD you are falling prey to the same reaction that many people
have.  Remember PD dramatically effects the facial features after a while
(the PD mask).  We communicate with our faces and this is lost.  We
interpret peoples facial features as communication.  It also slows the
response to questions and dampens emotional responses at times.  In other
words thing go in slow motion outside ( walking etc.) and they also slow
down inside ( finding words, laughing etc.).  This can leave people with the
impression that the PWPD is not reacting.  It is hard to interact because
were are set to one speed and programmed to interact at that speed.  It may
also be that she is in depression and needs and antidepressant.

Hope this helps.

Frank cg. Teri 52/47/40 15024