By request I am recopying a question I made in NPF's "Ask the dieitian"
concerning the Neurogenic Diet:

This reference was given to me by a friend in the UK.  Although dated
(2002), the information is probably still useful.  This article states,
"We have demonstrated that, in Parkinson's disease and in Shy Drager
Syndrome, dietary interventions of at least one year's duration can result
in the regression of the condition in 33% of patients. A lessening in
disability has been detected in 42% of patients on the diet for 3 months."
 That's impressive!

Here is the link to more information on this topic:
http://www.shydrager.com/html/newsletter_dec_02.html

Do you know if any more recent studies have been done using this diet, and
what are your comments?

Peggy from Tennessee
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Dear Peggy,
For more information on John Grinstein, Ph.D., please see:

http://www.jgrinstein.com/
also:
www.br13.com

I am very skeptical of Mr. Grinstein's work with regard to PD and MSA. I
 have been hearing of him for a number of years, but to date have not seen
any published research by him. He cites the work of others; but there is no
mention of any studies of his own. If his approach works so well, I question
why he has not published it in medical journals, for the benefit of us all.

At this time, I do not have reason to believe that Mr. Grinstein is able
to provide the results he promises; however, if any list members have other
information, I hope you will post it to the list. I would be happy to be
proven wrong.

Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD

"Ask the Parkinson Dietitian"  http://www.parkinson.org/
"Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/