I too have had eye problems - which have been particularly noticeable
since I had cataract surgery in late 2000.  This accounts for the
increased sensitivity of my eyes to light in at least some measure and
possibly to my other problems.

My principal complaint has been that my left eyelid wants to sag
and almost close.  As my left eye closes, it seems to drag my
right eyelid with it.  Often as a passenger in a car, my eyes both
close, and I will often doze off as well.  Not to worry, however: when
I drive, they both stay open - wide.  When reading - or even looking
at the computer screen - my left eyelid sags to the point where I am
seeing the book or the screen from my right eye only.  And when
"watching" television, where the screen does not command my
continuous viewing, they may both close as well.

When I went to a neuroophthalmologist for an examination, he
recommended that  I have plastic surgery on my eyelid to keep
it open wider, and he did not attribute the problem to either the
Parkinson's nor the cataract surgery.  I have not yet decided
to have this done.

I don't know that this relates to Carline's problems, but perhaps
it may be useful input.  And no, I don't care to shut out the world.

Art