Hi all,

I'm looking for recent articles / essays / books about research on, or
strategies for, or how-to advice on:
-  analytic thinking (wherein problem **posing** is emphasized as much
as problem solving)
-  contextual awareness / contextual thinking ("seeing the forest, not
just the trees" . . . the organizational context, the temporal context,
the legislative context, etc.)
. . . both related to what I'd call "analytic writing," i.e., the posing
and solving of real problems by making (in writing) a reasoned,
persuasive case for change (usually involves assessing the costs and
benefits of the status quo and of a few alternatives), and suggesting
how the change would best be carried out (i.e., the "implementation
plan")

By recent, I guess I mean in the last 3 or 4 years.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jamie MacKinnon

Bank of Canada  /  Banque du Canada
613 - 782 - 7124