when meds CAN'T anymore then dbs
----- Original Message -----
From: "tess owens" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: DBS SURGERY...

> Hello Winnie
>   My mom had a DBS last December- it seemed to help with the tremor-
however she has since had the remote turned off from her Neurologist at
Kaiser in San Diego.
> She had a very adverse situation with Dr. Homer at Kaiser/San Diego -
initially- in  which he had adjusted the remote incorrectly and my mother
actually obtained an electrical shock, (she fell to the floor from the
shock,- as a result of that adjustment)
> Also observed that my mom is having a difficult time with her voice -
looses her voice at night- and DBS did not benefit her ability to walk
better- she continues to struggle with..