Winnie Carol

I actually had it done twice.  The first time after June 26 I went to a
nursing home before the implant/s,, a week later, so I wouldn't be so far away if
something went wrong.  I only had one implant a week later because neurosurgeon
was not happy with position of electrodes in left brain.  I had it redone in
Sept 2003  By this time my fear of the surgery had subsided and I went home
alone for about 6 days til I had the implant at Scripps, La Jolla.

You sound like a perfect candidate.  Sinemet   only helped me with my first
dose and all the DBS helped was  my tremors, but that was a big deal.  I swore
I would never have this surgery, so don't take my remarks as trying to
influence you.  This is a very personal decision.  I can barely speak now and have
some double vision, but I would say it was worth it.  I sailed through the
surgeries with no problems except vomiting afterwards, but that was nothing serious.

Good luck, some people have gotten their lives back.  Let us know when you
plan to have it done.
Ray