I forgot to tell you that you may actually feel better right after surgery.
My neurosurgeon told me there was an initial, though temporary benefit from
the brain lesion and he was right.  Also, my left foot turned in due to dystonia
straightened out during surgery and that has been permanent.  I  still walk
on my toes on that foot, but botox injections help some.  Have very hard time
walking, but  remember I don't take PD meds.
Ray