I may be wrong, but I think on his way out after the election he lifted the
executive order ban on stem cell research along with some dubious pardons.
Back in 1999 and 2000 when I went to the Murrieta Republican Federated Women's
Club, I was asking for support for fetal cell research and soon thereafter it
became stem cell research  I think Reagan issued the ban on stem cell research
when he was President. It seems to me the research on embryonic stem cells with
animals began about that time (1999-2000), but maybe someone else knows for
sure.  When was Dolly the sheep born?

Since I was in better shape then I wasn't following it as closely as I am
now.  Maybe someone can give us a timeline on this important research.
Ray