Ervin,

I responded favorably to Sinemet only on my first half dose of 50/200  CR in
2000.  I could walk to the mailbox and my body felt "normal", I took it for a
year, but  thereafter it never helped that I could tell.  When I went to
Scripps re DBS last year I had F-DOPA PET Scan from UCLA which said results were
consistent with PD

The DBS only helped my tremors, which were becoming bilateral, but for that
alone it was worth it.  My voice, ,altho it was getting bad off and on then,
now is in really bad shape all the time.  When my programmer turned me off over
a month ago, my voice was immediately better. I also have double vision with
letters and lights.  Eye doc says my vision is OK.  I read that double vision
and voice problems were side effects of DBS.  I have better upper body strength
and can swim better (when I have the strength and motivation to do so), but
sink now if I put my feet under exercise bar and with my legs try to bring my
body to the bar.  This was something I could do before DBS, but was getting so
I couldn't "swim".

Anyway, my neuerologist and I both agree I do have PD, but am a weird duck.
Ray