Rants & Raves

02:00 AM Jul. 14, 2004 PT
Date: 07/13/2004 08:52 AM
From: Michael ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Senate Stem-Cell Vote Unlikely
What?! Stem-cell legislation is too sensitive of a matter to consider in an
election year ("<A HREF="http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,64183,00.html">Senate Stem-Cell Vote Unlikely</A>," July 12, 2004)? So, they don't
have the willingness to consider measures that could allow research that may
save millions of lives around the world, but they DO have the willingness to
consider constitutional amendments to ban same-sex marriages?
This just furthers my disappointment with our elected politicians. Too eager
to jump on the bandwagon of the Bush administration and religious right but
afraid to make a stand for the sake of humankind and millions of lives. And
what's with Orrin Hatch, a Republican from Utah? Lately his efforts have stifled
technology but now he's going out in support of stem-cell research?
I'm moving to Canada...
- - -