I had just asked our physical therapist about walkers.  There was a walker
in the therapy room at the hospital that had a provision for applying
brakes with the brake levers, in the same manner as a bicycle, but also a
way of locking the wheels without having to hold the brake
handles.  Apparently most four-wheel walkers are free-wheeling, except when
the brakes are applied.  So this walker would give one the best of both worlds.

Then following Maxine's implied suggestion, I discovered
www.ustep.com  This is a six-wheel walker, and apparently this walker has
the best of both worlds also.  It also has several optional features that
make is especially desirable for people with Parkinson's.  There is also
has a testimonial from Dr. Abraham Lieberman of NPF on their product data
sheet.  It's too bad that it is so heavy that, according to Bill Butch, it
is difficult to load into a car.  (Their literature says 19 pounds.)

I had never heard of U-step until now, I have never seen or evaluated their
product, and I certainly have no financial arrangement of any sort with them.

Art