>  Much more research will be necessary before Mucuna pruriens can be
> considered of value in Parkinson's disease.

isn´t it the basis of Zandopa, the indian ´equivalent´ of Sinemet?
Mucuna pruriens does contains ldopa, nobody will doubt that so it should be of
some use. Years ago it only came in powder form and tasted pretty bad.
Nowadays it comes in gelules so at least, bad taste is not a problem any
more. I don´t know what the equivalence with regular sinemet is but people
who have taken it said at least the constipation was no more a problem...
It is a natural product so who will finance research?
maryse