I cried when John Kerry said near the end of his speech, "if we only had a
president who believed in science, we might be able to cure Parkinson's Disease.

I am not naive.  I  think I am too old (68, gee in 20 yrs I'll be 88 if I
live that long.)to benefit from any research, but it is the hope that is so
important. It is so hard to live without it.  It is also hard to fight PD and
inevitable old age.

It was so good to hear "our" disease mentioned in a presidential acceptance
speech.

I am writing letters for the California Stem Cells Research and Cures
Initiataive, Proposition 71.  See this Sunday's LA Times, maybe I"ll get in.  I will
fight as long as I am able.  I also answer letters in Diane Wysack's many
posts to me when I can.

Ray