Re Permax which contains ergot.

I used to suffer from migraine headaches and when I was in college they came
out with migraine drug that contained ergot.  It didn't help me.

I kept having the auras intermittently in my late 30's to 40's w/out the
headache.  They returned with my PD - lots of auras, but no headaches.  After DBS,
I think I only had one episode which was different from all the others.

My maternal grandfather who had PD had terrible migraines that lasted about 3
days.  I've always wondered if there was a connection, especially after this
post identifying ergot as an ingredient in PD agonist med.

Have any of you, who are not helped by PD meds like me, had migraines with
auras.  My brother has had auras, but never headaches or PD(yet)

My mother's family all had some kind of 'brain" disease.  Her sister died of
  Alzheimer's, one brother had epilepsy, another sister is bipolar, she had
tic douloreaux or trigeminal neuralgia, she died of stroke complications, high
bp at 88, older brother is  92  and doing great, still working and married to
a woman my age.

I've never taken Permax and I'm glad.

Ray of the diseased branch of the Family Tree