On 18 Aug 2004 at 22:11, Wendy Siegel wrote:

> Now, in keeping with my theory that I must ask a legitimate question
> or provide information when I enter the SCR fray to give my opinion,
> does anyone have suggestions on how to reduce foot swelling? Rich is
> starting to have a problem with this. The cherry juice does help
> somewhat (thanks for that info!), as does walking, but it seems to be
> getting worse.

Wendy,

Many thanks for your kind words (and you are correct as to my
position in the stem cell matter).

As to the foot swelling, it depends on the cause of same.  Is it
vascular?  If so, venous or arterial?  Foot swelling can be due to
blood vessel problems, mechanical factors, or even heart failure.
The treatment depends on the cause.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Professional Corporation
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

NOTE:  The above message is not "medical advice"
and should not be considered as such.  Medical
advice can only be offered after a hands-on
examination of the patient by a physician and
direct review of films and other tests.