On 15 Aug 2004 at 15:41, Rayilyn Brown wrote:

> Do we have to do the Copernicus-Galileo thing all
> over again so we can return to the past?

The Copernicus/Galileo issue did not deal with human life issues.  But there
is not much sense in trying to convince certain people that once you allow
people to kill other people, you damage others.  Remember "No man is an
island" and "for whom the bell tolls".

War and capital punishment have been mentioned here multiple times.
Without debating those issues, I will merely observe that adding yet another
way to kill people (especially those who are totally innocent) is not a credit to
our species.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"