i can only add to that great letter, that  at least science is
self-correcting.  Stephen
Hawking (who could use some stem cells) the Isaac Newton Physics Chair at
Cambridge just reversed himself on black holes, his own ideas. He now believes
matter can escape black holes.   We went from classical phsyics to quantum
physics, now chaos science.

My guess would be that people on this List are pretty knowledgable re stem
cells even the synthetic stem cells just created by scientists at UC San
Francisco, research now stymied by Bush's restrictions on cloning.   We just disagree
on whether cells are people or not.  The "HItler" argument is pretty lame,
their least convincing, in my opinion.

I'm also guessing that there is no big outcry re IVF Clinics because  it
works, even though thousands of embryos fail to implant or are discarded.  When
the UK or South Korea gets a cure for diabetes this fight will be over.

Ray